Following the Prime Minister’s address on the immediate closure of fitness facilities across the nation, it is with great sadness that we announce all Roar Fitness 247 & RFX Athletic locations have temporarily closed from midday Monday 23rd of March.
We want to thank all our members for your ongoing support during this time, and to let you know, that ALL memberships have been placed on a Time Freeze, and NO fees will be charged until our gyms are reopened.
Like many of you, our business is facing unprecedented impacts both on our members and staff, but we will continue to work through this time together as we believe we can still make a difference, change lives and build healthy communities.
QUESTIONS BEING ASKED:
Will I still be charged for my membership while the gym is closed?
No. All memberships have been put on a Time Freeze, and NO FEES will be charged until our gyms reopen. You do not need to contact us to hold your payments as this has been done automativally for every Roar Fitness & RFX Athletic member.
No one is answering when I call?
Due to the forced closure, all our staff have been sent home, so there is no one to answer your call. If you need to contact us regarding something that isn’t mentioned below, please send us a message via Facebook, and we will do our best to get back to you in a timley manner.
How will I know when the gyms will re-open?
When government allows us to safley re-open, we will be sure to let you know through our website, social media channels and other forms of communication. To keep up with all other information in the meantime, esure you are following our Facebook Page
I am on a prepaid membership, how does this affect me?
The automatic freeze on membership means we will hold the remainder of time you have left on your upfront membership and you will be entitled to that time when we are open again.
For example, if you still have 6 months remaining, we will freeze your membership and you will still have 6 months remaining when we reopen.
Will this affect the duration of my contract?
Your membership terms will remain the same, the length of time you have remaining will begin again once the clubs reopen.
For example, if you have 3 months remaining, your membership will be on hold and you will have 3 months remaining when the club reopens.
Can I cancel my membership?
Your membership has automatically been placed on a Time Freeze, and you will not be charged any fees until we are able to welcome you back into your local club. If you would like to cancel, please speak to your local club team once we reopen.
Is there anything available online to keep me motivated?
Yes! We have just lauched the Roar Fitness 247 App, available now from your phone app store.
Click here to signup via Facebook Messenger
Can I donate or keep paying my membership to support the gym?
We have generously been asked from many of our members if they can continue to pay their regular membership to support the gym. Unfortenly due to the forced close, we can not take regular payments from any account. However we have set up two options for those who are lucky enough to be in a position to offer finacial support
$10 per week support membership
$20 per week support membership
Please click on your prefered option to read the benefits available to you for supporting us during this time.
Here’s some key tips to keep you going
Stick to your normal training routine as best you can, if you used to come in for an early morning session, keep doing training at that time.
Put your workout gear on, so it feels like it usually does.
Mix it up! We have options from gentle streching through to high intensity workouts. If you’d like online support during this time please click here to get in touch here.
Have rest days or low intensity days to let your body recover and take this opportunity to practice mindfulness
We understand your home setup may not be the same as coming to the gym, be creative there is still a lot of options for you and our Roar Fitness 247 app is a great tool to keep you motivated.
Most of all, keep moving and make fun of it by getting the family involved!
We will see you all again and we truly can’t wait!
Due to the announcement delivered by parliament late last night, we have unfortunately found ourselves included as a service being forced to close our doors as of 12pm today, Monday 23rd March 2020.
It’s with great disappointment that the outbreak of CV-19 has lead to this, and we hope all our Roar family stays safe during this time, and continue to include fitness and healthy eating into your lifestyle to ensure your immune system stays strong.
Please make sure you are following our Facebook page as we will use social media to keep all members updated as information becomes available to us.
We’re happy to let our members know that on Friday 20th March we obtain a booking to have Zoono Surface Sanitiser sprayed over the entire facility at Bibra Lake. We have all other Roar Fitness and RFX Athletic locations also booked in for this same application of Zoono early next week.
This Surface sanitiser has proven to be 99.99% effective against coronavirus, and is what’s being sprayed throughout all our hospitals and aged care facilities.
As you can imagine, the demand for this service is high, so we’re excited to have this applied to all sites by mid week, providing an even safer environment for all our members to continue looking after their health and fitness.
Even after all locations have been treated, we still ask that you continue to use the hand santiser supplied, ensure you wipe down your equipment before and after use and limit unnecessary contact, ie hugs, handshakes, partner training etc.
1. Zoono is a surface sanitiser with a 99.99% effectivness against Coronavirus, proven through laboratory testing
2. Zoono is colourless, odourless, non-leaching, environmentally safe and completely gentle for humans and animals
3. Zoono does not contain any harmful chemicals, and a liquid it is less toxic than Vitamin C and coffee.
4. Zoono can be applied to hard surfaces, fabric and soft furnishings and lasts for up tp 30 days.
5. Zoono works by creating an antimicrobial ‘spike’ formed on a surface which is positively charged. As a result of the charge the negatively charged microorganisms are attracted to the ‘spikes’ and the cell wall and membrane is lysed; the organism is then killed.
Dear Roar Community,
There is deep concern in our community for those abroad affected by the spread of Coronavirus and now more recently those affected here in Australia. At times like this, we are reminded of the need for compassion and perspective as we plan to meet the needs of our members and our community.
The purpose of this email is to confirm that Roar Fitness has a contingency plan in an effort to protect its members and we wanted to share with you the below.
What We Are Doing!
We thought we would share with you the high standard of hygiene we already promote in our clubs. To put your mind at ease we also encourage simple behaviours that will help our Roar Facilities continue being a happy, healthy and hygienic environment.
1. We regularly clean touch areas with disinfectant – door handles, sinks and benches.
2. We clean the equipment regularly including pressure washing with disinfectant on all our rubber flooring and mats.
3. We are currently installing Gelair Sanitising blocks in all refrigerated air-conditioning systems in the clubs.
4. Our team are focused on personal hygiene ensuring we wash our hands, as well as regular use of hand sanitiser.
5. We have our clubs, rooms, studios and boxes professionally cleaned with additional staff daily cleans.
6. We ask our members to spray and clean everything they have used and touched after each and every single use.
7. Our staff stay at home if unwell.
What we recommend you do…
1. Bring a mat, or towel to lay over the equipment – clean your mat and wash your towel after each use.
2. Stay at home if you are unwell.
3. Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
4. Use supplied hand sanitiser regularly.
5. Please sneeze or cough in a tissue or alternatively in your upper sleeve. Then use hand sanitizer.
6. Follow the World Health Organisatio
Make sure you’re not missing our on anything by following our Instagram page!